Church Maintenance Schemes
We currently operate two Church Maintenance schemes one in Norfolk and the other in Suffolk (Elix).
The maintenance schemes provide maintenance to rainwater and drainage systems at churches and chapels across the counties and are recommended by the Faith in Maintenance Team and English Heritage. Both schemes offer a five year contract and can expect to receive the following services:
- Clean all guttering, eaves, and parapets
- Check all gutters are secure and free from leaks
- Clean all down-pipes and check for leaks
- Clean out all above ground gulleys
- Check the condition of the manholes
- Rod the drains and ensure they are clear
- Remove any waste from site
- Advise on any defects/works that should be considered
- Take photographs of any defect found, as well as photographs of the completed work
Schemes from just £350+VAT a year and carry their own incentives.
The Elix Scheme set up in 2009 is run by the Diocese of St Edmundsbury & Ipswich and is supported by MY Group, St Edmundsbury & Ipswich Diocese and the Suffolk Historic Churches Trust.
The Norfolk Church Maintenance Scheme was set up in 2010 and is run by MY Group and is partnered by the Norwich Diocese.
If you do have any further queries you can email Louise Pegler the Administrator of both schemes at the following address: email@example.com